Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From news anchor Rob Morrison on Martha Stewart. Truly delicious.
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 slices bacon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the onion, garlic, ketchup and egg in a large bowl; stir to combine.
- Add meat and mix until well combined.
- Add breadbrumbs and cheese and continue mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer meat mixture to a loaf pan. Top with bacon strips, if desired, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Transfer to oven and bake until meat is no longer pink, about 55 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking an additional 30 minutes.
- Let meatloaf stand, loosely covered, about 10 minutes, before slicing and serving.
This is pretty good ~ a firm yet moist meatloaf. The ground pork in it was new to me as I've always used beef and it does give it a different flavor. I used egg substitute in place of the egg, but otherwise followed the recipe as written. Thank you for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 08