Recipe by HeatherFeather
Adapted from the "The Steak Lover's Cookbook." Supposedly this originated at Gibson's restaurant.
Top Review by littlemafia
I can't believe I've lived without this until now!I've made it two days ago and I used it on anything that requieres salt (french fries,garlic bread,roasted potatoes,chicken and dumplings).I used regular salt. Thank you for sharing this.
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon coarsley ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder (not salt)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons onion powder (not salt)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend 30 seconds until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container along with your other herbs& spices.
- How to use: Sprinkle some over lightly oiled veggies or meats before roasting or grilling.