Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my own recipe, and I only use fresh zucchini. It's very healthy and delicious. Enjoy! The baking time is approximate.
- 5 medium zucchini
- 1 whole bulb of garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Wash and trim ends of zucchini.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and then into 1-inch pieces.
- Slightly crush and peel all the cloves of garlic.
- Mix zucchini, garlic and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Lay evenly onto a foil lined pan.
- Bake uncovered at 425°F for about 60 minutes or until tender and browned, turning once after first 30 minutes.
This is a simple, easy-to-make side dish that has wonderful flavor. I made this exactly as posted, but I will say that 30-45 minutes is all it needs to cook. After 30 minutes, I felt they could be removed from the oven, but let them cook another 5 minutes. Then I left them in the oven but shut the oven off. I seasoned this to taste, and it was very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
This was very good...the only complaint is that there is a touch too much salt. I would make it again with a 1/2 tspn kosher salt. Also, I think it only needs between 30-45 minutes.. keep an eye on it after 30 minutes.
Oh man! The smell of this as it roasts in the oven is heavenly. I am such a balsamic vinegar and garlic fan though. Great, easy recipe. Thanks for posting!