Recipe by *Bellinda*
When zucchinis are on sale and you don't know what to do with them, this is the perfect recipe. You can put it on toasted french bread and eat it as an appetizer or snack. Instead of the fresh herbs you can use a herbes de provence mix if you already have it at home.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
A nice, healthy and fresh tasting veggie side dish. Left out the anchovies since I was making this vegetarian for Veg*n Tag as a congrats to Bellinda for being VIP of August!!!!
- 4 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 -4 large nicoise olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 -4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- salt, pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease a baking sheet.
- Mix the zucchini and onions with the oil, spread onto baking sheet and roast 7-8 min.Stir and roast another 5-8 minutes, until golden. Then spoon into a baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Spread over zucchini and bake until the topping is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve on french bread or as a side dish.