Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Sourced from The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Top Review by kwatson887
This was great! I've always liked roasted zucchini, but I'd never made it and this was super easy and delicious. Definitely spray the roasting pan because the veggies will stick! I laid down foil for easy clean up and I sprinkled the veggies with ground flaxseed for some added nutritional benefits.
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 -3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix well.
- Coat an 11x13-inch roasting pan or the bottom of a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread vegetable mixture over the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, until they are tender and nicely browned.
- Serve hot.