Roasted Zucchini and Walnut Orzo
- Rinse and dry zucchini; cut each in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- In a bowl, mix zucchini with olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Divide mixture equally between two baking sheets, each 12 by 15 inches, and spread zucchini in a single layer.
- Bake at 400° until zucchini is tender when pierced, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour back into bowl. Rinse and dry one baking sheet.
- Put walnut pieces on clean baking sheet and bake in a 350° oven until pale gold beneath skins, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring broth to a boil. Add orzo, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until orzo is tender to bite and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Stir zucchini, walnuts, lemon juice, and walnut oil into orzo. Add more salt and pepper to taste.