Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Gourmet Magazine (June 2007). A really tasty and different way to do radishes. When roasted, they lose their bite and become almost sweet.
- 2 lbs zucchini
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 bunches large radishes, greens discarded (2 1/4 lb total with greens)
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven, then put baking pans on racks and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Halve zucchini lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Toss with 2 tablespoons oil, teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Halve radishes lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Toss with remaining oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in another large bowl. Working quickly, spread zucchini in pan on lower rack and radishes in pan on upper rack.
- Roast vegetables, without stirring, until lightly browned and tender, 20 to 30 minutes, then toss together in a large bowl.
I don't know why I never thought of roasting radishes--thanks for the idea and for the recipe. Killed two birds with one stone roasting off the extra zucchini and radishes from everyone's gardens that somehow keep ending up in my kitchen. We had some as a side dish with dinner and I'm going to use the leftovers for a veggie/tomato soup. Awesome! >>Updated to add stars, sorry!<<