Recipe by dicentra
This can be used as a dip for pita chips and veggies or as the base for a wrap. From 1001 Low Fat Recipes.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Made this as a snack for a party. I had a plentiful garden of zucchini & wanted to make a healthier version of the mayo based spreads. I used parchment paper to roast the zucchini so I didn't have to use the cooking spray. I also found that 15 mins wasn't quite enought time so next time I'll cook closer to 20-25 mins. Tasty recipe & plenty of good comments from the party, thanks for sharing.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 lbs zucchini, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut in wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange zucchini, onion and garlic in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake at 425 until vegetables are very tender, about 15-25 minutes. Cool.
- Process vegetables in a food processor, until coarsely chopped.
- Stir in yogurt and parsley; season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.