Recipe by yogiclarebear
This is from a local grocery publication (Lunds and Byerly's Real Food). Yet to try, posting for safe keeping. I'll bet you could substitute butternut squash for the yams.
- 3 lbs orange-fleshed yams, peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or less)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and place rack in top third of oven.
- Cut each yam in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 3/4 inch half-rounds. Toss yams with oil, and spread on a baking sheet. Bake, turning occasionaly, until tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Mix butter, marmalade, orange zest, and chipotle in a small bowl. Set aside at room temperature.
- Remove yams from oven. Dollop heaping teaspoons of orange butter over yams, and stir gently to coat.
- Return to oven, and bake until the mixture reduces to glaze, about 5 minutes. Season lightly with salt and serve warm.
- NOTE: The yams can be prepared ahead of time, reheat in a 400 degree oven. The glaze can be prepared up to 3 days ahead. Store in the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature before using.