- 1 lb carrot, peeled
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and seeded (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large red onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, and butternut squash in 1 to 1 1/4-inch cubes. All the vegetables will shrink while baking, so don't cut them too small.
- Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Drizzle them with olive oil, garlic powder salt, and pepper. Toss well. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once with a metal spatula.
- Sprinkle with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.