Simple and very good for a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb carrot, peeled
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and seeded (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large red onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Cut the carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, and butternut squash in 1 to 1 1/4-inch cubes. All the vegetables will shrink while baking, so don't cut them too small.
- 3Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Drizzle them with olive oil, garlic powder salt, and pepper. Toss well. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once with a metal spatula.
- 4Sprinkle with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Winter Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 495.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g