Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a divine variation on traditional roast vegies. I was particularly interested as my niece who visits loves satay sauces, so I have tried it in anticipation of her next visit - and it really does come up to expectations! I found this recipe in a recent edition of 'Grass Roots' magazine. I love roast vegies at the best of times, but this Peanut Sauce turns it into the main course!
- 2 large parsnips, chopped coarsely
- 2 medium swedes, turnips, potatoes, carrots coarsely chopped
- 500 g baby beets, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 220°C Combine vegies with half the oil in a large baking dish. Bake uncovered in a hot oven for about 45 minutes, turning or until vegies are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a small pan. Add the onion & ginger & cook, stirring, until soft. Add remaining ingredients & stir until hot.
- Serve peanut sauce over the vegetables.