Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Eating Well. I use real garlic roasted with the veggies instead of powder and sweet potato instead of squash. Great served with a salad.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed (1 1/2-inch chunks)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth or 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Toss cauliflower, squash and onion in a large bowl with oil, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, until tender and browned in spots, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine broth and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in cornmeal, rosemary and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until very thick and creamy, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in cheese; remove the polenta from the heat. Serve the vegetables over the polenta.
Yum, this was a great mix of texture and flavor. I enjoyed for a nice lunch. Thanks! Made for Veggie Swap-Sept. 2013.