Recipe by Pink Penguin
The roasted butternut & onion give this salad a nice stickyness. Can be cook the day before but bring out of the fridge a couple of hours before eating. Great for a buffet. The dressing will keep up to a month in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 medium celeriac
- 4 red onions
- 2 large parsnips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- handful fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 200 g goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil
- 300 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas 6. Peel and chop veg into equal size chunks. Put all the veg into a bowl, pour over the 3 tbsp of oil & season well. Tip into a large roasting tray, then roast on the top shelf for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk the mustard & red wine vinegar in a bowl, slowly adding the walnut & olive oils whilst still whisking,then season.
- Tip all the roasted veg into a bowl and pour over a quarter of the dressing to taste while the veg is still warm, then toss together.
- Just before serving toss through the spinach, scatter with the oregano & seasame seeds & crumble over the goats cheese.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, with extra dresssing on the side.