1/1 Photo of Roasted Winter Root Vegetables With Apple Cider
1 hr 10 mins
From Bon Appetit November 1997. This would be the perfect side dish for the Thanksgiving meal! To be honest, I substitute another root vegetable for the turnips; i.e, kohlrabi, potatoes, celeriac, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the apple cider and wine in a heavy saucepan and reduce to 3/4 cup. This will take about 30 minutes.
- 2Whisk in the butter until smooth.
- 3Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 4Peel all the vegetables and cut in to 1/2 inch pieces.
- 5Use the largest roast pan you own (or use two roasting pans and divide the vegetables). Pour the prepared apple cider/wine mixture over the vegetables. Stir to coat.
- 6Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7Roast the vegetables until they are tender and golden, stirring occasionally and cook approximately 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Winter Root Vegetables With Apple Cider
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.2
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 175.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g