Kelly M.'s Note:
But really, don't this of this as a salad...this recipe is a fabulous side dish! I like to eat it immediately, but it would be delicious at room temperature or cold. I didn't have new potatoes on hand so I used peeled regular potatoes cut into chunks and it came out great. From the cookbook "potatoes" by Annie Nichols.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs tiny new potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 8 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt or kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Put potatoes in a roasting pan, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and toss well to coat.
- 3Bake 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning the potatoes from time to time.
- 4Meanwhile, put all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, mix well, and season with salt and pepper (you can do this step ahead of time).
- 5Remove potatoes from the oven, smash each potato slightly with a fork, and cut in half.
- 6Toss the warm potatoes in the bowl of dressing and mix well.
- 7Serve either warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Warm Potato "salad"
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.2
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 217.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g