Recipe by Kelly M.
But really, don't this of this as a salad...this recipe is a fabulous side dish! I like to eat it immediately, but it would be delicious at room temperature or cold. I didn't have new potatoes on hand so I used peeled regular potatoes cut into chunks and it came out great. From the cookbook "potatoes" by Annie Nichols.
- 2 lbs tiny new potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 8 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt or kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put potatoes in a roasting pan, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and toss well to coat.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning the potatoes from time to time.
- Meanwhile, put all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, mix well, and season with salt and pepper (you can do this step ahead of time).
- Remove potatoes from the oven, smash each potato slightly with a fork, and cut in half.
- Toss the warm potatoes in the bowl of dressing and mix well.
- Serve either warm or cold.