Recipe by coolaboola
This is super-quick and super-easy! Roasting is a great way to enhance the natural flavour of nuts. Excellent with crudites or slices of toasted pitta bread. The quantities are very approximate. Vary to your taste.
Top Review by Carianne
This recipe has lots of potential! I had to add lime juice, red chili pepper powder, and salt to give it a little zing. It was too bland by itself. Seems like it could be "doctored up" in lots of ways (I was just improvising). Thanks Coolaboola--I look forward to more of your recipes!
- 75 g sun-dried tomatoes (about 6 - 8 sundried tomatoes)
- 75 g walnuts (or more scientifcally, about a fistful!)
- 250 g cream cheese
- boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to about 170 degrees C Put sundried tomatoes into a small bowl and cover with boiled water and leave to sit at least 15 minutes.
- Place walnuts in a roasting tin or other oven proof dish and place in oven for about 15 minutes.
- Drain water from sundried tomatoes (they should be a bit squishy having soaked up some of the water).
- Remove walnuts from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place soaked sundried tomatoes, walnuts and cream cheese into a blender and blend until smooth.