Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is super-quick and super-easy! Roasting is a great way to enhance the natural flavour of nuts. Excellent with crudites or slices of toasted pitta bread. The quantities are very approximate. Vary to your taste.
- 75 g sun-dried tomatoes (about 6 - 8 sundried tomatoes)
- 75 g walnuts (or more scientifcally, about a fistful!)
- 250 g cream cheese
- boiling water
- Heat oven to about 170 degrees C Put sundried tomatoes into a small bowl and cover with boiled water and leave to sit at least 15 minutes.
- Place walnuts in a roasting tin or other oven proof dish and place in oven for about 15 minutes.
- Drain water from sundried tomatoes (they should be a bit squishy having soaked up some of the water).
- Remove walnuts from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place soaked sundried tomatoes, walnuts and cream cheese into a blender and blend until smooth.
This recipe has lots of potential! I had to add lime juice, red chili pepper powder, and salt to give it a little zing. It was too bland by itself. Seems like it could be "doctored up" in lots of ways (I was just improvising). Thanks Coolaboola--I look forward to more of your recipes!