Recipe by Sharlene~W
In my search for recipes for Vidalia onions, I found this one in Cooking Light.
Top Review by teresas
Correction on my review dated 3/6/07. This great recipe has only .5 (1/2) WW points. Not 5! This is quick and easy to prepare. They come out very tender and full of flavor.Thanks, Sharlene for posting.
- 4 medium vidalia onions or 4 medium other sweet onions, each peeled and cut into 8 wedges (about 2 pounds)
- olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange onion wedges on jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; lightly coat onions with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle thyme, salt, and pepper over onions.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Turn wedges over; bake an additional 25 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Spoon onions into a serving dish and drizzle with vinegar.