Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the last few weeks, I have been wanting to learn to make sev. Finally, I found the recipe in the Thursday magazine where it was posted by Hoorbanu Iqbal. I hope you enjoy it! Enjoy this with your afternoon tea or as part of your breakfast. I like mixing it into some halwa and enjoying it:)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup almonds or 1⁄4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 300 g roasted vermicelli
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Crush the vermicelli in a tray.
- Add it to the ghee.
- Roast it lightly for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in currants, sugar, nuts, salt and water.
- Cook on very low heat, covered tightly, for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.