Recipe by s_pamgirl
A yummy versitle recipe. Roasting makes the veggies so sweet. Any assortment of veggies, pastas or cheeses can be used. Chicken, tuna or sausage also goes well in this dish. Just add into the cooked pasta along with the other ingredients. This recipe makes 4 large portions or 6 smaller ones.
Top Review by mlet
I doubled the recipe (entirely) and it turned out great--creamy and rich. Substitutions: roasted veggies for about 35 minutes, used a different kind of pasta (not ww), and used colby jack cheese. We also enjoyed adding a little basil, more S&P, and lemon juice to make the flavor more interesting.
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2 zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, left in their skins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups whole wheat penne, dry
- 1⁄4 light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 cup 2% cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Load all of the veggies and garlic into a roasting pan. Add the olive oil and seaon with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Roast veggie for 25 min or until done.
- While the veggie are cooking, cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Return to the same pan.
- When veggies are done, carefully squeeze the garlic cloves into a small bowl and mash.
- Add the sour cream and mustard and mix.
- Mix the veggies, sour cream mixture and cheeses into the pasta.
- Pour into the roasting pan and return to the oven for 5 min or until heated through. Serve hot.