1/2 Photos of Roasted Veggies over Creamy Polenta
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
Weight Watchers recipe. Roasted zucchini and asparagus are served over a creamy polenta, low in fat and calories, but still very filling! Takes less than 30 minutes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 small zucchini, 1/4 inch slices (or equivalent)
- 1 red onion, sliced into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Preheat oven to 475 degree's and line 15x10x1 pan with non-stick foil and/or spray with cooking spray.
- 2Toss veggies together (the garlic too), drizzle with olive oil and roast for 18 minutes, stirring once.
- 3While veggies are roasting, combine red wine vinegar and splenda, set aside.
- 4Pour milk into saucepan and set over medium heat, slowly add cornmeal and basil or rosemary, if using, and stir constantly. Heat for 5-7 minutes, until mixture thickens. This is a light & creamy polenta, so should not be dense or lumpy. Pour polenta into three serving bowls.
- 5Remove veggies from oven and pour red wine mixture over top, stirring to combine.
- 6Top polenta with veggies and grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Veggies over Creamy Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 165.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 12.3 g