Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and always delicious for the meal that needs the "just a little extra something".
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 pinch dill
- salt and pepper
- Chop cauliflauer, broccoli, and onion into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a large ziplock bag.
- Ensure that the bag is properly sealed, and shake around until all veggies are coated.
- Spread on a cookie sheet, cook for about 20 min.
- at 375 F, or until you can't resist the yummy aroma any longer!
I used this as a side for our favorite chicken chimichangas, substituting ground cumin and oregano for the dill. I thought it went very well with the chimichangas. Both DD will eat it again - a challenge with any veggies now that they are a tween and teen! Even my husband who prefers raw veggies gave it a review of "It's fine." I'll now pair it with my chimis instead of mexican rice (reducing carbs is a goal for this new year!) Thanks for a great, quick way to prepare these veggies!
I only used broccoli in this recipe, and it became the best broccoli I have ever made. This particular vegetable used to be my pet peeve, but not anymore. Thanks to you!
simple and delicious!