Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My DH makes these when he is counting calories. Very healthy and flavorful!
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In lg bowl, mix all ingredients. Toss well to evenly coat with seasonings. Divide the veggies between the 2 baking sheets.
- Bake the veggies, tossing occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately.
You don't have to be a calorie-counting husband to enjoy this. What an adaptable recipe--a nice vegetable combination, but you could add others. I only cut up enough for one pan, but used the entire seasoning amounts, which worked out well too. And timing is adaptable--how much crunch do you want? Overall, an excellent, easy way to roast and enjoy a variety of healthy vegetables. Thanks, busymommybee!
This was excellent! We love grilling veggies with olive oil and sea salt in the summer and I was looking for a winter alternative. This fit the bill! Even my picky toddler ate it up!