Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (3/4 lb) eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 small crusty italian rolls
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing
- 1⁄2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray two jelly-roll or large roasting pans with nonstick spray.
- Arrange eggplant, mushrooms, and zucchini on pans and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake until lightly charred, 6-7 min.
- per side.
- Transfer bell peppers to paper bag; fold bag closed and let steam 10 minutes.
- Peel skin from peppers.
- Layer each roll half evenly with peppers, eggplant, mushrooms, and zucchini.
- Sprinkle with dressing and chopped onion.
- Top with remaining roll halves.