Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This pizza is so good. Not your typical pizza--more of an adult taste.
- 8 -10 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- your favorite pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place mushrooms, onion, peppers, zucchini & olives in a roasting pan lined with heavy-duty foil.
- Combine oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano and thyme; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine basil, oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until smooth, scraping sides often; set aside.
- Place rolled out pizza dough in 9x13-inch pan going half way up sides of pan.
- Spread with sauce; top with the tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with roasted vegetables.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Didn't have zucchini but made as written. Loved all the blend of flavors.
Good , but different. I used another recipe and made dough for pizza from scratch and it was thick crusted. I could have used a pizza dough recipe from cook.
I haven't yet been motivated enough to make the home-made pesto sauce, but even using store bough this recipe is fabulous. Delicious pizza! Thank you!