Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A new twist on lasagna.
- 3 medium zucchini, 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 4 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, cut into pea size chunks
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In roasting pan, combine vegetables and garlic in olive oil. Bake 20 minutes or until tender.
- Place half of the vegetables, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup water in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the puree into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Place 3 noodles over puree, top with 1/2 puree, 1/2 of remaining vegetables, 2 TB. of parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layer and then top with remaining 3 noodles, puree and cheese.
- Bake until bubbly, about 45 minutes.