Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From R. Reisman. Can't wait to try it!
Make and share this Roasted Vegetarian Sandwich With Brie Cheese (Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 large red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 8 wedges
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced thickly
- 1 zucchini, sliced in 3 lengthwise pieces
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large rolls, sliced lengthwise (each approx. 3-1/2 oz)
- 2 ounces brie cheese, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 450°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place onion, pepper, mushroom, and zucchini on prepared baking sheet. Spray vegetables lightly with cooking spray. Roast vegetables, turning once, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine pesto and sour cream.
- Once vegetables are roasted, cut into pieces that fit the shape of the bread. Toss with oil, vinegar, and garlic.
- Spread pesto mixture over bread; top with vegetable mixture and Brie. Cut in half.
This was a gourmet-quality sandwich - and it looked the part, too. I used vary-coloured peppers (red, yellow, orange and green) and this was simply striking plated (I wish I had half the photographic skills many of our members have - I make everything look ho-hum, boring). Anyway, back to the sandwich. Remarkable flavour. The balsamic really emphasized the sweetness of the peppers and punched up the mushroom. The pesto and brie just worked beautifully together and I can't wait to have this again!
Delicious......I used multi-grain bread and grilled it.
Delicious! I could have eaten all 4 myself lol. Definitely gourmet-quality. Loved it!