1/1 Photo of Roasted Vegetables With Lemon and Garlic (Briam)
2 hrs 20 mins
I came across this recipe in the most serendipitous manner...on my way to work going 50 mph I saw some trash blowing across the road...it got stuck to my car and I could hear it fluttering all the way to work. When I got out of my car I found a piece of newspaper stuck to my front grill. I took it off and what was it? A torn out page from a week old newspaper that has 4 yummy sounding recipes! Wow. I feel obligated to post them now. When I try this one I'll probably increase the lemon juice and use the zest. I'll also use extra garlic and add fresh oregano and crumbled feta cheese when it's almost done.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and chopped (I think canned diced tomatoes would work)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb potato, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 lb zucchini, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 lb eggplant, peeled and sliced into rounds (globe or Japanese)
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2-1 1/2 cup olive oil (recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups!!!)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F (it says 2500!, I think it was a typo).
- 2Spread half of the tomatoes in an oiled roasting pan.
- 3Lightly salt and pepper the tomatoes in the pan; spread the potatoes, zucchini, eggplant, onions and red pepper over them. Add a little more salt and pepper.
- 4Mix the garlic and parsley together and sprinkle over the vegetables.
- 5Top with remaining tomatoes.
- 6Pour oil over the top to coat and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 7Bake for 1 1/2- 2 hours, adding a little water if necessary.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetables With Lemon and Garlic (Briam)
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.1
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g