1/1 Photo of Roasted Vegetables With Kale
1 hr 15 mins
From "The Genesis Farm Cookbook" Kale is better than you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large onions, cut into thick wedges
- 4 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled,seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, cubed (celeriac, parsnips, rutabagas, turnips, Jerusalem artichokes, salsify, etc.)
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed into a paste with
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2In a large roasting pan, combine onions, potatoes, carrots, squash and mixed vegetables.
- 3In a small bowl, mix garlic paste with olive oil and pepper.
- 4Toss vegetables in the olive oil mixture, coating thoroughly.
- 5Cook for about 45 minutes, mixing occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- 6In a large pot, cook kale over medium heat with just enough water to prevent it from burning.
- 7Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 8The kale should be wilted, and water evaporated.
- 9Mix the roasted vegetables with the kale and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetables With Kale
Serving Size: 1 (697 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 445.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 13.2 g