Recipe by Chef Dudo
Brings a wonderful smell when roasting. Goes well with brisket or chicken. Personally I like it as it is, without meat or fish. I usually serve it over cous-cous.
- 1 lb potato
- 1 lb carrot
- 1 lb parsnip
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons mixed ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried chilies or 3 -5 drops hot sauce or 3 -5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce butter, melted
- flaked sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mix cumin, coriander, pepper and chillies with the oil and butter.
- Peel the potatoes, carrots and parsnips and cut into chunks, or halve lengthways.
- Put in a roasting tin large enough to take them in a single layer.
- Pour the spice mixture over the vegetables and toss everything together until well coated.
- Roast for about 1 hour until golden and crisp, turning the vegetables a couple of times during cooking so they brown evenly.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.