Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
You could easily make this a vegetarian meal by omitting the chicken and substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth. Either way, with or without the chicken, this is a very good dish!
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 leek, sliced (white part only)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 eggplant, cut in quarters lengthwise and sliced
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all vegetables in a large roasting pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, blend 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasonings. Pour the blended ingredients over the vegetables and toss until covered well.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes, stirring twice.
- While roasting vegetables, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- Remove vegetables from oven and pour the remaining balsamic vinegar over the vegetables.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, chicken, and chicken broth.
- Serve with crumbled feta cheese or grated Parmesan cheese over top.