Recipe by Barb G.
Easy way to fix fresh green beans and yellow summer squash with balsamic vinegar. The recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens.
Top Review by ames_emery
I made this for Christmas Eve to go with pan seared lamb and butter roasted potatoes. Everyone raved about it and I found it to be easier than most other vegie side dishes. I switched up the vegies, using a colorful combination of asparagus, red onion, red pepper, yellow squash, and zucchini. Yum!
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow roasting pan combine beans, onion, and garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil;s prinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss mixture until beans are evenly coated.
- Spread in a single layer.
- Roast in a 450° oven for 8 minutes.
- Stir in squash and roast 6 to 8 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
- Boil gently about 5 minutes or until vinegar is reduced reduced by half (vinegar will thicken slightly).
- Drizzle the vinegar over roasted vegetables; toss until veggies are evenly coated.