Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy way to fix fresh green beans and yellow summer squash with balsamic vinegar. The recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a shallow roasting pan combine beans, onion, and garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil;s prinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss mixture until beans are evenly coated.
- Spread in a single layer.
- Roast in a 450° oven for 8 minutes.
- Stir in squash and roast 6 to 8 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
- Boil gently about 5 minutes or until vinegar is reduced reduced by half (vinegar will thicken slightly).
- Drizzle the vinegar over roasted vegetables; toss until veggies are evenly coated.
I made this for Christmas Eve to go with pan seared lamb and butter roasted potatoes. Everyone raved about it and I found it to be easier than most other vegie side dishes. I switched up the vegies, using a colorful combination of asparagus, red onion, red pepper, yellow squash, and zucchini. Yum!
This recipe is delicous! The combo of garlic and balamic vineger on roasted vegetables! Yummy! My husband doesnot care for squash or green beabs and he wants me to make this again!