Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I concocted this for RSC #7. I love the earthiness of roasted/grilled vegetables; I think they taste best prepared this way. I wanted a sauce that was a bit different with a lot of flavor. And the kids wanted pasta. ;)
- 2 baby eggplants
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans (may use canned)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 (16 ounce) box orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Quarter the eggplant & peppers, put into large bowl with tomatoes & coat w/olive oil. Either grill or roast in a 350F oven on a baking sheet until softened & charred. *Note: the tomatoes will not take as long. Start eggplant & peppers 1st.* This will take 10 - 15 minutes, depending on your oven or how hot your grill is. When they are done, sprinkle with kosher salt & place on a platter. Sprinkle with garbanzo beans.
- Sauce: Whisk hot vegetable stock into tahini. Add garlic, lemon juice & zest, and salt.
- Serve vegetables over orzo & top with sauce.
I was attracted to this recipe and think the creator is on the right track. I thought the veggies were roasted in too large of pieces and that the peelings left on the peppers were a little bitter. The tahini dressing over the orzo had a lot of potential; I think it could have a little more zing.