This is very tasty. It comes from a cookbook called "On Rice" and I fell in love with it the first time I made it. Definitely use a low-sodium soy sauce unless you love salt! If you choose to bake the rice using the Perfect Brown Rice recipe, cook the rice for 30 minutes and then for the final 30 minutes add your pan of veggies to roast and everything will come out at the same time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 scallions, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Cook brown rice.
- 2Prepare vegetables: Cut broccoli stems into 1/4 inch rounds; cut tops into florets; peel carrots and cut into 1/4 inch rounds; slice mushroom into 1/2 inch slices. Put the broccoli stems and carrots in one bowl and the florets and mushrooms in another.
- 3Mix up the teriyaki sauce: Combine all the teriyaki ingredients into a large cup and whisk.
- 4Lightly oil a large roasting pan (about 12X17 size). I use a cookie sheet.
- 5Pour about 1/2 the teriyaki sauce onto the bowl of broccoli stems and carrots and toss. Pour them onto the roasting pan and roast at 400F for 15 minutes. (If your baking rice at the same time, 350F will be fine).
- 6After 15 minutes, remove from oven. Pour the remaining teriyaki sauce over the florets and mushrooms and add them to the roasting pan, mixing all the veggies together. Return to oven and roast for 15 more minutes or until the broccoli is crisp-tender and lightly browned on the edges. Stir occasionally.
- 7Spoon the rice into individual bowls and top with the vegetables and teriyaki.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetables in Orange Teriyaki Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 809.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of