Recipe by SpicyGirl
As a vegetarian I always look for new ways to turn the same old dish into something new and tasty. Since I love Mexican food I add these veggies to my burritos, tacos, and tostados. On a recent trip to Washington DC my sister took me to a place that does Mexican food with Californian style. This following recipe is an inspiration from our lunch (and dinner) that day. The vegetables are only limited by your palate.
Top Review by plazhaven
I added 1 1/2 zucchini and another 1/2 yellow squash and I still thought there was probably a teaspoon too much of the cumin. I probably used less than 1/2 packet of the taco seasoning so that could be why the cumin tasted so strong. I'll try it again though.
- 1 yellow zucchini (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (cut into wedges)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 package of old el paso taco seasoning
- 4 teaspoons cumin (slightly crushed)
- 4 tablespoons vegetables or 4 tablespoons corn oil