Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice healthy roasted vegetable side dish, recipe from Health Check website.
- 20 ounces mushrooms, whole and drained
- 1 large red pepper, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 º F (190ºC). Combine mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, onion, and garlic in 9 x 13 inch (3L) baking dish.
- Stir remaining ingredients except for feta in a small bowl. Drizzle over vegetables and stir in to evenly coat.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese. Serve.
Delicious!!! Followed the recipe except for adding some small eggplant that I needed to use up! DH and I really enjoyed the basalmic herb vinegarette along with the feta cheese which warmed up putting it on at the end....just perfect. Made for 2013 Zaar Cookbook tag game. Thank you for posting and I will be making this again.
This is absolutely FANTASTIC, even using fat-free feta, as I did. I served these on a toasted whole grain baguette with pesto spread. Definitely the best sandwich--and one of the best vegetable preparations--I've ever made! Thanks so much for the recipe. :)
This was excellent as a pasta sauce! I baked a sweet onion. 2 zucchini, and a bunch of tiny grape tomatoes for half an hour, and since it was going to be a pasta sauce, I did not use the sugar. Oh, and I had to use garlic powder in place of the real garlic.I can tell I will be making variations of this recipe forever--it is by far the best roasted vegetable recipe I've ever used. Thanks!