Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This works with a wide range of produce: potatoes, squash, onions, asparagus, cauliflower, baby artichokes, pumpkin, mushrooms, peppers, sweet potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, and Brussels sprouts.
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- oil or butter
- balsamic vinegar
- parsley, chopped (or other herbs)
- Cut your vegetables into serving-sized pieces. Peel the ones you like peeled. (For potatoes cut them and wash off the starch. For eggplants, slice them, salt them a bit and let them set until they begin to "weep," then squeeze out as much moisture as you can.)
- Dry the pieces off and toss them with oil or melted butter (just a LITTLE oil or butter--part of the beauty of this dish is that it's fairly light).
- Lay them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a 375F oven for around 20-30 minutes, or until everything starts to look slightly browner than when you put it in.
- Arrange the vegetables on a plate and sprinkle with whatever condiments you like (or have around).
- Note 1: You can roast a piece of fish or chicken (or marinated tofu) on the baking sheet with the vegetables. It makes a nice little dinner. Not much clean-up effort either
- Note 2: This method also works with some fruits--apples, pears, pineapple, stone fruits, figs, bananas, etc. Use butter and sprinkle on a bit of sugar, honey and/or vanilla. Serve plain or with ice, sour or whipped cream
This was very good. I used sweet potatoes, green beans, mushrooms, eggplant and zucchini. I just sprayed the vegetables with olive oil, but next time I would definitely toss them with the oil. The first night they were a little dry, but they were nice and moist the second night I served them. I served them with Balsamic Vinegar and enjoyed the recipe very much.
YUM! I diced up just carrots and turnips and tossed them in olive oil seasoned with salt, white pepper, and rosemary. I didn't add any additional seasoning after the vegetables had cooked, and they were so delicious. And because this dish is cooked on parchment paper, there is no clean-up!
This was soooooo good!! I used sweet potatoes celery onions carrots and maderin oranges. i sed a roasted garlic flavored rice vinager as well. it turned out really good. hubby even ate it and he isnt big on veggies!