Leaving the vegetables covered with cling film for about 2 hours before roasting helps to give more flavor. For best results, use fresh garlic instead of substituting garlic powder.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, wedges (peeled & cut into 1 inch(2.5cm)
- 4 small whole carrots
- 4 small whole parsnips
- 2 medium red onions, peeled & cut into quarters
- 2 medium white potatoes (peeled & cut into wedges)
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs (including thyme,rosemary & sage)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to highest setting.
- Need a solid baking sheet 16x12 inches.
- First scrub the carrots & parsnips, dry them well & place in a large bowl with all the other prepared veg.
- Now add the crushed garlic, olive oil & mixed herbs, then mix to make sure they are covered well with oil.
- Arrange on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt & pepper & cook in pre-heated oven on a high shelf for 35-40 mins or until they are cooked through.
Made this for our Thanksgiving table and it was one of the best dishes we had. What a great way to present veggies, even the picky DGSs ate it. I used baby red potatoes, added sweet potatoes and mushrooms, then followed the mixing and roasting directions as directed using a blend of all of the suggested herbs and of course the fresh garlic. It was a true favorite and will be repeated often from now on. Thanks so much for posting such a wonderful recipe
You can never go wrong with roasted veggies at a BBQ and I did just that! I also had a turnip to throw in - I liked that this recipe had a good variety of veggies instead of just plain white potatoes. I used rosemary as its my favorite spice for roasted veggies. Since my garlic press was in the wash, I smashed 6 or 7 cloves, then cut them in half - they were brown and really sweet when done. I did mine for 40 minutes at 425. Made for ZWT6.