Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Everyone raves about this recipe. In fact, my picky-eater sister special requested it for Thanksgiving.
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, red bell peppers, sweet potato, and Yukon Gold potatoes. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces, and add them to the mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.
This was okay but not outstanding. I think it could use some more seasoning, maybe some garlic & more rosemary & thyme??
Definitely very nice roasted vegetables, easy and quick to throw together, I used the suggested vegetables and got a flavoursome and colourful mix. Popped them in the oven and left them to their own devices. I'll make this one again. Made for PAC Spring 2008
We're always trying the roasted veggie recipes. I had no sweet potato and we added zucchini and some garlic. The leftovers were thrown into the soup pot with chicken broth and pureed - mmmm.