Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A layered Mexican lasagna using corn tortillas in place of lasagna noodles. (Hmmmm - does that still make it a lasagna?) Looks intimidating but is very easy and worth the process!
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml frozen corn, thawed
- 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml ricotta cheese
- 354.88 ml monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 28.34-425.24 g chunky salsa, drained
- 198.44 g jar roasted red peppers, drained & patted dry
- 6 inch corn tortillas
- 44.37 ml fresh cilantro, shredded
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees; and brush 2 shallow baking pans with oil.
- Arrange zucchini in one layer in one pan, and the onion and corn in the other pan. Sprinkle vegetables with salt & pepper to taste and roast on 2 racks in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Stir corn and switch positions of pans in oven. Roast vegetables 5 minutes more, or until lightly browned.
- While vegetables are roasting, stir together ricotta, 1 cup Monterey jack, cumin, salt & pepper.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Trim tortillas into rectangles to fit pan. Cover bottom of loaf pan with 2 tortillas overlapping in the middle.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa over tortillas and top with 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 peppers, 1/2 onion corn mixture and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Make another layer of tortillas and vegetables in the same manner.
- Top with remaining 2 tortillas, salsa, Monterey jack and cilantro.
- Cover lasagna with oiled foil and bake in middle of oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until heated through.
- Let stand covered 5 minutes before serving. Cut in slices and serve with lime.
- Easily doubled.
Really fantastic one dish meal. We had it with a salad and it was completely filling. I made for the "Best of 2010" tag game. I added about a half can of refried black beans to the layering process along with a small can of sliced black olives. Sooo good!
Delicious quick recipe that I made for Spring PAC 2010. I added black beans and my kids gobbled it up! I did add a little extra cumin and peppers. Thanks!
Very tasty & easy to make. I roasted my own bell peppers and used black beans.