1/1 Photo of Roasted Vegetable Tortilla Bake
1 hr 15 mins
Julie 927's Note:
A layered Mexican lasagna using corn tortillas in place of lasagna noodles. (Hmmmm - does that still make it a lasagna?) Looks intimidating but is very easy and worth the process!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -15 ounce chunky salsa, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained & patted dry
- 6 inches corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees; and brush 2 shallow baking pans with oil.
- 2Arrange zucchini in one layer in one pan, and the onion and corn in the other pan. Sprinkle vegetables with salt & pepper to taste and roast on 2 racks in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 3Stir corn and switch positions of pans in oven. Roast vegetables 5 minutes more, or until lightly browned.
- 4While vegetables are roasting, stir together ricotta, 1 cup Monterey jack, cumin, salt & pepper.
- 5Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- 6Trim tortillas into rectangles to fit pan. Cover bottom of loaf pan with 2 tortillas overlapping in the middle.
- 7Spread 1/4 cup salsa over tortillas and top with 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 peppers, 1/2 onion corn mixture and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- 8Make another layer of tortillas and vegetables in the same manner.
- 9Top with remaining 2 tortillas, salsa, Monterey jack and cilantro.
- 10Cover lasagna with oiled foil and bake in middle of oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until heated through.
- 11Let stand covered 5 minutes before serving. Cut in slices and serve with lime.
- 12Easily doubled.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Tortilla Bake
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.5
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 658.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 12.3 g