Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Healthy Appetite on the Food Network
Make and share this Roasted Vegetable Stew With Moroccan Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 large yellow squash or 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup couscous, uncoooked
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the cut vegetables onto the baking sheet and drizzled with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, tomatoes, cumin, and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in all but 2 cups of the roasted vegetables. Save remaining vegetables for another use. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook couscous accodring to package directions, adding apricots and cinnamon before the addition of boiling water.
- Remove stew from heat and stir in cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon cooked coucous into shallow bowls and top with stew.