Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Healthy Appetite on the Food Network
Make and share this Roasted Vegetable Stew With Moroccan Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 large yellow squash or 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup couscous, uncoooked
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the cut vegetables onto the baking sheet and drizzled with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, tomatoes, cumin, and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in all but 2 cups of the roasted vegetables. Save remaining vegetables for another use. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook couscous accodring to package directions, adding apricots and cinnamon before the addition of boiling water.
- Remove stew from heat and stir in cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon cooked coucous into shallow bowls and top with stew.