Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I forget exactly which cookbook I got this from, but I know it was Betty Crocker. I only slightly adapted it.
- 5 small red potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 large onion, cut into fourths
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into fourths
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into fourths
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into diagonal slices
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb whole mushroom
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Set your oven to broil.
- Toss the potatoes, onion, peppers, carrot, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic in the oil and spread in a cake pan.
- Broil for about 15 minutes, removing them as they become tender. At this point you can let them cool and remove the skins from the peppers and chop the potatoes, onions and peppers, but I like my vegetables to be chunky so I just go onto the next step.
- Put the vegetables, broth, tomatoes, and pasta into a large soup pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and pepper.