This came from Mr. Food's Quick and Easy Diabetic Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 6 slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- 1 large yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F, coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Place the vegetables on the baking sheets in a single layer, lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper om both sides, bake for 16-20 minutes, or until tender.
- 3Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350°F, coat an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, place 3 slices of the roasted eggplant in the bottom of the baking dish, spread half of the ricotta cheese, half of the chopped basil,and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese over that.
- 4Continue to layer with zucchini slices, yellow squash slices, and strips of red peppers, spread the remaining half of the ricotta cheese and basil, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top.
- 5Place the remaining 3 slices of eggplant over that and top with tomato sauce and the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, bake for 10-12 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted, cut into 4 squares and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Stack
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.7 mg
- Sodium 689.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 17.4 g