Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
During the summer, my family doesn't eat a lot of things that heat up our house..... We spend a lot of time outside grilling and when we aren't doing that we love to try different sandwiches and salads.... They seem to be so refreshing during the hot summer months.... I hope you enjoy this one......
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- challah or focaccia bread or pita bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the bell pepper, onion, garlic, zucchini, and olive oil in a medium mixing bowl and toss until the vegetables are coated.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on sheet pan lined with foil and place in the oven.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until they are soft and are beginning to turn brown around the edges, approximately 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Place the vegetables in the bowl of a food processor along with the cream cheese and process until well combined and spreadable; do not process until completely smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spread on soft bread, such as challah, foccacia, or pita bread.
- You can store this in the refridgerator for up to one week.
Mmmmm, this is a very, very yummy spread!!!! The roasted veggies add such a lovely flavour and really make this dip special! I particularly enjoyed the play of the sweet red bell pepper with the tangy onion and earthy garlic. YUM! I made half the recipe using about a tbs of goats cheese cream cheese as an addition, which I thought was really nice. The recipe would have been outstanding without it, too though. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, gertc! Ill make it again. Made and reviewed for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders June 2010.
This was really wonderful! I used extra onion and added some reduced fat pesto at the end with a little more salt and a few spritzes of hot sauce. I would recommend using stronger onions-I used Vidalias as that's what I had on hand and I think they imparted a sweet taste that didn't really work with this. We spread this on crackers and thoroughly enjoyed it.....I will definitely make it again!
Excellent spread. I served it over some crackers as appetizer and everyone enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing! Made it for Photo tag!