Recipe by Kannwilson
Fairly simple recipe you can adjust to your tastes. Feel free to use any veggies in season. Serving size is just a guess.
Top Review by Akikobay
This was a great base recipe for us. We made a few changes based on the ingredients that we had at hand, but I think the result was close enough that it still deserves the five stars. Because we had some leftover roasted vegies including zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, root vegetables and asparagus, I used those and supplemented with some extra roasted celery, onion, carrots, parsnips, and potatoes. I used beef broth and added in a can of tomato soup. It was completely delicious! Thanks Kannwilson, we'll use this as a base soup.
- 2 large onions (I used yellow)
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 zucchini
- 2 cups summer squash, about
- 1 -2 cup baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 -2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 -2 cup mushroom, quartered
- 1 cup fresh green beans, about 1 inch pieces
- 1 quart chicken broth or 1 quart vegetable broth (can use more for more liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil, about
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Spread out veggies on the 2 pans.
- Spray with olive oil or Pam.
- Roast in a 500 degree oven for 25 minutes, stir, and bake for 25 more minutes.
- Put 1 qt chicken broth in stockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and roasted veggies.
- Heat through.