1/3 Photos of Roasted Vegetable Soup
1 hr 30 mins
wicked cook 46's Note:
I "created" this recipe just to get some of those veggies I don't like into my diet. LOL It is probably a combination of ideas I have seen on TV or on recipe sites LOL Each time I make it there is a change with what I put in for veggies and amounts.So feel free to add or subtract from it to make it your own. I even used my immersion blender to make a semi pureed soup. Great way to hide those veggies picky eaters would never try LOL All amounts listed are approximate .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, about 4 large
- 1 lb turnip, about 2 small
- 1 large red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb eggplant, about 1 medium sized
- 1/4 lb zucchini, about 1 medium
- 1 lb parsnip, about 2 small
- 1 lb carrot, about 3 large
- 1 large red pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups beef broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1Wash all veggies. Peel the potatoes, turnips, carrots , onion and parsnips. I don't peel the eggplant or zucchini. Cut into large chunks all veggies. place in a large bowl and toss with the oil and vinegar. Place on a foil lined baking sheets. I use two one for the firm fleshed veggies and one for the softer veggies.
- 2Roast at 400 for about 15-25 minutes. Removing the vegetables that are cooking faster before they become soft.Remember these still need to cook as the soup. This is just to give some carmelization to the veggies.
- 3I also use separate bowls when removing from the oven.
- 4Eggplant, zucchini and red pepper in one bowl all other veggies in another one. If the eggplant is seedy I remove most of them now.
- 5Once all veggies are toasted. Combine remaining ingredients and veggiesIn a large soup pot EXCEPT the eggplant, zucchini and red pepper.
- 6Simmer over a medium low heat for about 30 minutes add remaining veggies and simmer another 20 minutes until fork tender.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.8
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 655.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g