1/2 Photos of Roasted Vegetable Sauce
I admit it, I love roasted vegetables. It enhances the flavor, and with just olive oil and some salt and pepper you get a very honest flavor. One of my favorite sauces is a simple puree of roasted vegetables. It is great on pasta or as a base for soup. The recipe makes a large batch of sauce so I would have some to freeze, but the recipe is easily halved for those who do not want to stash sauce away.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 30 roma tomatoes, halved, cored, and seeded
- 2 onions, halved
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into half to an inch chunks
- 4 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 heads garlic, peeled and woody ends removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (or 4 teaspoons if using fresh)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss prepared vegetables in a very large bowl. Add the olive oil, and a healthy amount of salt and pepper. Mix until all vegetables are completely coated with oil and seasoning.
- 2Transfer the vegetables and the oil to two separate baking sheets. Roast in the oven for an hour, rotating rakes half way.
- 3Once roasted transfer the vegetables, including the juices and oil, to a large bowl and puree with am emersion blender until smooth (or do in batches in a food processor.).
- 4Stir in the vegetable broth, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (3232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1736.6
- Calories from Fat 1023
- Total Fat 113.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 503.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 41.3 g
- Sugars 79.1 g
- Protein 30.7 g