Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Healthy and delicious. Any combination of fresh vegetables may be used.
Make and share this Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches With Spicy Green Chili Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, reserving 1 tbsp for dressing
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese (nonfat, low fat ok)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon reserved green chili
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large French rolls (about 6 inches long) or 4 large hoagie rolls (about 6 inches long)
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In large bowl, combine all vinaigrette ingredients; mix well.
- Add vegetables to vinaigrette; toss to coat; let stand at room temp 15 minutes to marinate.
- Using slotted spoon, remove vegetables from vinaigrette; place on ungreased 15X10X1 inch baking pan; discard vinaigrette; bake vegetables at 450°F for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; add remaining dressing ingredients; mix well; cover, refrigerate.
- To assemble sandwiches, spoon 1 1/2 tbsp dressing into each roll; top each with 1/4 of vegetable mixture.